Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My new pet Avante 18

Home Spun





























 I am not sure what happened to me for the last 3 years.  My passion has not dwindled by any means.  I guess I have just not had the time to share.


I will try and pick up with posting at least once a month.

I continue to work a .75 FTE as a registered nurse.  This does not take away from my creating but from my computer time as I try to spend limited time on the computer which is counterproductive to my creating.

I have moved my studio home as all three of my children are grown and live away now.

Soooo here we go again.  
Spinning on the Deci

The best place ever to spin is in the evening out on the deck.  The roving seems to glide so nicely through your fingers to make the softest yarn.
Above is the latest yarn I spun.
It is a merino, silk blend

The picture does not give the color justice.
It is a nice light charcoal with this shine
of natural silk flowing through it.

I was suffering from the summer puffy ankles 
due to the heat.  The spinning helped the old venous pump and my ankles are skinnied up.  Thank you my spinning wheel.  


Whole cloth long arm quilted placements


Free Motion on the Longarm
One of my first long
arm quilting projects was a quilt top I completed at a retreat in the Cypress Hills in April 2013.

I free motioned feathers and swirls to complete the quilting.

Very pleased with the machine as well as the result of the quilting.

Once washed the quilt has such a fun look with the quilting all settled in.

Today one of my 25yr old twin daughters has completed her 2nd ever quilt and it is currently loaded on the long arm.  I will give you a peak once I begin the fun.

No comments:

Pages