Friday, March 12, 2010

Old But New To The Blog



Posting some of the projects I had completed prior to lifting off to Maui.  I had been at a retreat in November and had never posted my completed projects there. The quilted picture I created is of a man fishing at sunset. I really did not take the  best photos to promote this work  and it does capture the moment much better when you see the quilt in person.  The quilt measure approx. 18 x 12 inches.
I knitted the base of this laptop cover withdyed merino yarn that I had dyed with food coloring and the crockpot.  Once knitted I then machine washed and felted it.  At the retreat I quilted the top portion  using a marvelous blue/green batik.  Really happy with the results. I am Currently in the process of quilting the top band for a laptop cover I have made for my son.


This is a quilted bag made using a jelly roll package.  It was allot of fun to make and the holes for the handles are large grommets.  I know how long ago I made this  bag, as I hammered my left thumb nail applying them.  I lost half my nail on that thumb and it has just finished growing back from the trauma of that day.

No comments:

Pages