Sunday, June 28, 2009

Passion for Fibre and Flora

I know this blog is to be a rant about fibres and my fibre friends, but I must do a little rant about my other passion "flowers" and my flower garden. Oh yes I have included my fibre friends too! :) Saturday afternoon was the bestest time to be sitting on the deck knitting and basking in the sun. Looking down on my flowers I decided I must preserve this scene for later, possibly a small pictorial quilt. So a snapping I went. Only my photos truly do not do my clematis justice. But have a peak anyway!
Dahlia's, simply lush and brilliant.
Fred had just watered everything so they were sparkling with water drops.
In a matter of days I will have a couple dozen
long stem roses, oohh anticipation.
Grapevines soon to completely cover the railings on the deck. They grow I am sure a foot a day, but so nice for us to have a seasonal enclosure to the deck. Oh yes I must not forget my Fred flower :) who enjoys the flora as much as I do!When I was just finishing up I turned around to see my fibre friends absorbing the flora too! Good fibre friend Bad fibre friend. Not sure if she was trying to bury my angel or what. I do know that she loves the smell of soil. Soooo grrrr she creates little pockets to snorfle in the flower bed, puts her snoot in and lays there and just snuffs in the musty soily(?) air. I do think there should be a rule like there is with cars. White dogs show the dirt especially when they lie on the pile they shot through the air (Just a thought before you buy one). She looked like she was having a facial her nose a complete mud mask.

5 comments:

susan said...

how can you be mad at your bad fibre friend - look at that face. i do think the "good fibre friend" is cuter and probably put the other dog up to the digging part:)

susan said...

how can you be mad at your bad fibre friend - look at that face. i do think the "good fibre friend" is cuter and probably put the other dog up to the digging part:)

Rachel Biel said...

I just came over to check out your blog. How fun! Welcome to our Fiber Focus Group. You will certainly fit in with the rest of our members!

Tara Schmidt said...

Thanks!
I look forward to the fibre focus group. Yay people with common interest!! I will have to wander around the site more.

Anonymous said...

I think good kitten and bad were appropriatly assigned :P The Dalhia was so nice

Pages