Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunny Sunday in almost Spring

Blog photos are some of the fibres I have been working with as of late. Using 100% merino wool I have knitted in many styles, different bowls which I have felted by washing machine. This one was embellished afterwards with my babylock needle felting machine.

View from the top of the bowl At our local art studio we had a small arts show. You could submit in any medium you so wished, as long as the size of the completed piece was no larger than 4"x4". I did a small hanging of appliqued birches showing birches on both sides, the hanger was made of beads then hung from a stand. The 2nd piece I entered was called "Pot of Posies" and was completed by knitting, then felting the pot with my washing machine. I embellisher felted the fabric of wool and silk to be the base for the flowers.

I completed the piece by filling bottom of pot with tiny pellots, then stuffing pot with batting and hand stitching flowers into base. The flowers were embellished with beads.

Both pieces were sold through the art show.

No comments:

Pages