Friday, February 5, 2010

Where Does the Time Go?

My last post was in October, a mere 1/4 year ago.  OMG!  Since then so much has happened, and so many fibrelicsious things I have created but not posted.November was a busy month as I worked many shifts as a RN, my serious passion.  December crept up and saw me in Maui celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary for 17 days.  Home on the 21st to an enjoyable time with family for the Christmas Holiday Season.  The new year arrived with exciting anticipation of  a new career opportunity and spending time in my heavenly hole (my studio).  Winter has been cold and long for us here in Arizona North :) But it does make for a wonderful time of indoor creating.  When I was in Maui I visited one of their local quilt stores in Kihei and took a Hawaiian hand quilting course.  It was fun sharing the afternoon with women from Oregon, Washington and Oklahoma.  I must say I never really had an interest in this type of quilting as it seemed very plain and one dimensional to my eye.  But when I visited the quilt store it was so much fun to see the quilt kits all made up with (my weakness) batiks.  I found the use of batik in Hawaiian quilting to add so much texture and appeal to the quilt. Though many fear or dislike such a task as hand quilting, I found it another technique I love.  You can do all the hand work anywhere; watching tv, waiting in the car, lecture.  Since I have been home and back in my studio I have designed and started applique on a new quilt block.

No comments:

Pages